- Madcap Writer Makes History in a Model T
- “Writing Emotion” at Hallmark
- How to Trust a Robot
- Writing Roughshod: Emily Hahn, a “spirited” engineer
- Beethoven’s Detective
- How to Blend in at an Alpine Krampus Parade
- The 1920s Women Who Fought for the Right to Travel Under Their Own Names
- Around the World in Eight Badgers
- Queen of Kilts
- The Warlord’s Biographer
- Fateful Fight: The Fall of a Boxing Dynasty
- Lifting from the Center: Tribal Partnership Rethinks Community Health
- Recruiting a New Class of EMTs: Rural Wisconsin Girls
- Artful Hacking: A Poet Laureate Considers the Role of Computation in the Humanities
- Printing Without Boundaries: New Uses for 3D Printers
- Keeping Global Women “In the Know”
- Regular freelancer for On Wisconsin and former science writer at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Selected tear sheets
- “The Last Grand Tour of Albertine’s Watch,” finalist in the the Arizona State University’s Everything Change Climate Fiction Contest, anthology published January 2019
- “Mullenville, Population 82,” Allegory Ridge, July 2018
- “Orbit,” Heron Tree, February 2018
- “The Waubeen Annual Kanaranzi Kimball Day,” finalist in the 2017 Francine Ringold Awards for New Writers; summer 2018 in Nimrod International Journal
- “Fusion: A Love Story,” top-three selection for the Arizona State University’s 2016 Frankenstein Bicentennial Fiction Competition
- “Clay Pots,” finalist for the Psychopomp Magazine 2014 Short Fiction Award
- “Saxy Jane and the Condom,” Dogzplot Flash Fiction, May 2009
- “Nopales,” Six Sentences, October 2009
- The Communication Crisis in America, And How to Fix It
Assistant editor on a volume of research and policy recommendations inspired by a report we compiled for the Federal Communications Commission in 2012
- Women in Contemporary Latin American Novels: Psychoanalysis and Gendered Violence
- Barnidge, M., Gunther, A., Kim, J., Hong, Y., Perryman, M., Tay, S. K., Knisely, S. (forthcoming). “Politically motivated selective exposure and perceived media bias.” Communication Research. Advance online publication.
- McLaughlin, B.; Davis, C.; Coppini, D.; Kim, Y.M.; Knisely, S.; McLeod, D. (2015) “When Women Attack.” Politics and Life Sciences, 34(1). pp. 44-56.
- Robinson, S.; Knisely, S.; Schwartz, M. (2014) “A news negotiation of a state’s history: Collective memory of the 2011 Wisconsin protests.” Journalism Studies, 1-18.c.
- Knisely, S. “Division in Dairyland: Community structure, social identity and news frames during the Wisconsin gubernatorial recall election.” Unpublished master’s thesis, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin. 2013. Read it here.
- Presentation: “Darth Vader in Dairyland: Constructing political out-groups via digital cartoons.” Paper presented at Communication Crossroads: A Multidisciplinary Graduate Student Conference. Madison, Wisconsin. March 2013.
- Presentation: “A news negotiation of a state’s history: Collective memory of the 2011 Wisconsin protests.” Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication Conference. Chicago, Illinois. August 2012.